Atholton High School was evacuated and all after school activities were canceled on Thursday after a bomb threat on the building was received in the afternoon, according to Howard County Police.
A police spokesperson said the bomb threat was sent to a school administrator's email account around the time of dismissal. Dismissal was completed and police searched the school with a bomb sniffing dog, according to police.
School officials sent out a notice around 5 p.m. Thursday that after a search of the school, police determined the building is safe. The school will remain closed Thursday, but will open as usual on Friday, according to the notice.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Naked Shooting Suspect on PCP Climbs Fire Truck in Calverton (Graphic Video)
- Man Accused of Shooting Wife, Stepdaughter to Death in West Laurel; Son Flees to Safety
- Missing Laurel 9-Year-Old Found Safe at Scotchtown Hills Elementary
- Police Investigate Fatality on I-95 in Laurel
- Laurel Mall Redevelopment: New Tenant, Construction Schedule Unveiled