Maryland's congressional Democrats are taking to Twitter Thursday afternoon to talk about the coming sequestration cuts to federal budgets.
The cuts, equally split between defense and non-defense spending, could have a large impact on Maryland if not averted. Civil employees could be furloughed a day per pay period, and the cuts would also impact work at military bases in Maryland, including at Fort Meade and Aberdeen Proving Ground.
In Elkridge on Wednesday, Gov. Martin O'Malley said sequestration could cost 12,000 jobs in Maryland.
We will be following the responses and updating this feed as the town hall continues.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Naked Shooting Suspect on PCP Climbs Fire Truck in Calverton (Graphic Video)
- Man Accused of Shooting Wife, Stepdaughter to Death in West Laurel; Son Flees to Safety
- Missing Laurel 9-Year-Old Found Safe at Scotchtown Hills Elementary
- Police Investigate Fatality on I-95 in Laurel
- Laurel Mall Redevelopment: New Tenant, Construction Schedule Unveiled