1. Did a scheduling mishap for a Laurel City Council meeting leave residents shut out during a public hearing? The Laurel City Council held its monthly meeting this week, and while elected officials and staff were in attendance, several residents who wanted to speak on an impending 7-11 development on Marshal Avenue said they received wrong information about the meeting time.
During the summer, the council changed meeting times from 7 p.m. to 6 p.m. But the time change was not posted to the city's website or meeting board infront of the building before the meeting. Residents who showed at 7 p.m. missed their chance for a public hearing before the council approved plans to move forward the development of a new 7-11 store. Kim Rau, the city administrator, said several people are responsible for changing calendar dates, resulting in the time change not being posted.
2. Check out our of the District 6 Neighborhood Watch Walk yesterday in South Laurel.
3. The Laurel Department of Parks and Recreation is hosting a Friday Concert in the Park at Granville Gude Park and Lakehouse from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Friday June 24. Musical performances will feature the sounds of The Winstons.
4. Got a question that only Patch can answer? Shoot us a message by going to our Q&A section and we'll get an answer right to you. Earlier this week, we a resident who said police found a body in her backyard.
5. It's cool and cloudy in Laurel today, according to the National Weather Services. Temperatures won't inch pass the upper 70s.