Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
To submit an event in the Patch events calendar, click on “Events” at the top of the page and then click on the green "Add an event" button on the right side of the page.
2012 Holiday Market
- Where: 151 American Way, Oxon Hill
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22, 9 a.m.
- Description: Artisans, vendors, jewelry, crafts, baked goods, entertainment and more.
- Cost: Free
A (Comic) Christmas Carol
- Where: Greenbelt Arts Center, 123 Centerway, Greenbelt
- When: Friday, Dec. 21, 8 p.m.
- Description: The Greenbelt Arts Center presents a comical version of The Christmas Carol.
- Cost: $17
The Hallelujah Girls (PGLT)
- Where: Bowie Playhouse, 16500 White Marsh Park Dr., Bowie
- When: Friday, Dec. 21, 8 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 22, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 23, 2 p.m.
- Description: Prince George’s Little Theatre, Inc. presents Hallelujah Girls, a Jones Hope Wooten Comedy.
- Cost: $20 / Click here for tickets.
Prince George's Saturday Running Club
- Where: 6565 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22, 8 a.m.
- Description: The Prince George's Running Club meets at 8 a.m. on Saturdays in Greenbelt National Park. The meeting point is Sweetgum picnic area.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Rendezvous Social Dance and Fitness Club, 11910 Parklawn Dr, Rockville
- When: Saturday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m.
- Description: We Refuse Abuse, Inc. is a non-profit organization which advocates against domestic violence. Dance Party Fundraiser is hosted in order to raise money for women who do not have a home to decorate or money to buy gifts.
- Cost: $25 / to purchase tickets click here.
- Where: 1985 Cpl. Frank Scott Drive, College Park
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 – Saturday, Dec. 22, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Description: During the holiday season, College Park Aviation Museum invites The National Capital Trackers to display of model railroads to the museum.
- Cost: $4/adults, $3/seniors, $2/ages 18 & under, Free under 2
- Where: Montpelier Mansion/Historic Site, 9650 Muirkirk Road, Laurel
- When: Friday, Dec. 7 – Sunday, Dec. 23, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. (closed Wednesdays)
- Description: A juried show of handmade art ornaments. All ornaments for sale. House will be decorated in traditional holiday greens, by local garden clubs.
- Cost: Free; donations to Montpelier welcome
- Where: 301 Watkins Park Dr, Rt 193 and 214, Upper Marlboro
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 – Tuesday, Jan. 1, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. daily.
- Description: 26th annual drive-through light display.
- Cost: $5/cars and vans, $15/mini-buses and limos, $25/buses, $10/multi-visit passes for cars and vans. The festival is FREE on December 25.
- Where: 4310 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 – Saturday, Jan. 12
- Description: 75 different holiday related programs within 85 square miles of Anacostia Trails Heritage area.
- Cost: Free