Each week, Patch puts together a list of fun and interesting weekend events going on around the area. Check back in the future, and tell us in the comments if you know of any other activities coming up.
- Where: Darnall's Chance House Museum, 14800 Gov. Oden Bowie Dr, Upper Marlboro
- When: Friday, Nov. 23-Sunday, Dec. 9, 12 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Description: Annual contest and show, adult and children entries each win $350.00.
- Cost: Free
- Where: 301 Watkins Park Dr, Rt 193 and 214, Upper Marlboro
- When: Friday, Nov. 23-Tuesday, Jan. 1, 5 p.m.-9 p.m. daily.
- Description: 26th annual drive through light display.
- Cost: $5/cars and vans, $15/mini-buses and limos, $25/buses, $10/multi-visit passes for cars and vans. The festival is FREE on December 25.
- Where: 4310 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24-Saturday, Jan. 12
- Description: 75 different holiday related programs within 85 square miles of Anacostia Trails Heritage area.
- Cost: Free
Greenbelt Museum historic house tours
- Where: 10 Crescent Rd, Greenbelt
- When: Sunday, Nov. 25, 1 p.m.
- Description: The Greenbelt Museum's historic house is open for tours every Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tour includes furniture and art from the period of 1936-52.
- Cost: $3, $2 for senior citizens and $1 for children under the age of 12.
Bowie Playhouse Presents: Oklahoma
- Where: Bowie Playhouse, 16500 White Marsh Park Dr., Bowie
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 and Saturday, Nov. 24, 8 p.m.
- Description: Bowie Playhouse Presents the musical Oklahoma. Play features local talent and choreography by Vicki Smith of Stageworkz, direction by Jane Wingard, and music direction by Joe Biddle.
- Cost: $20.00
- Where: 10675 Crain Highway, Upper Marlboro
- When: Friday, Nov. 23, 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Description: Bethel Deliverance Outreach Ministries hosts a Night of Talent. Talent includes poets, singers, dancers and more.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Greenbelt Arts Center, 123 Centerway, Greenbelt, MD
- When: Friday, Nov. 23, 8 p.m.
- Description: Greenbelts Arts Center presents Frost/Nixon, a play involving a series of in-depth interviews in order to extract an apology from Richard M. Nixon.
- Cost: $17.00
Montpelier Farms Corn Maze and Family Fun Park
- Where: 1720 North Crain Highway, Upper Marlboro, MD
- When: Friday, Nov. 23, 5 p.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday, Nov. 24, 10 a.m.-11 p.m.; Sunday, Nov. 25, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Description: 10 acre corn maze, hay rides, petting zoo, pig races and more.
- Pricing: Ages +13: $10.00 / Ages 3-12: $8.00 / Children under 3 are free