The City of Laurel's offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 for New Year's Eve and Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013 for New Year's Day. The following changes to the city's refuse collection schedule are in effect:
- There will be no residential collection on Monday, Dec. 31 or Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013. Instead, Monday and Tuesday’s recycling will be collected on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- Normal collection will resume on Thursday, Jan. 3 and Friday, Jan. 4.
- Christmas tree collection will begin Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2013. There will be no residential special pickups or yard debris collection during that week.
- The next scheduled Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris collection will be on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013.
- You can schedule a Residential Special Pickup and Yard Debris Pickup by emailing email@example.com or calling the Department of Public Works at 301-725-0088.