School is out this week! It’s hard to believe that summer is here already. I am not sure if it is possible but I think I love summer even more now that I have kids. I am looking forward to spending more time with friends and family and enjoying some great day trips.
This summer I think we will be visiting two local theme parks, Hershey Park and Dutch Wonderland. Do you have plans of visiting a theme park this summer? Well, if you and your family are looking for an adrenaline rush this summer, you are in luck. There are many thrills to be had in the theme parks across the country with so many new rides that are guaranteed to take your breath away.
Here are some of the new theme park attractions that will be debuting this summer. Some are close to home while others offer a great excuse for a weekend getaway. Be sure to watch the videos....some of these rides are crazy!
• “SKY RUSH”- Hershey Park’s newest roller coaster. Sky Rush is now the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in Hershey Park. Sure to give you a thrill when you climb 200 feet in the sky and race up to 75 mph on its’ twisting and turning track.
• “STINGER”- Dorney Park’s newest roller coaster. The Stinger provides a unique ride experience as you ride face-to-face with your friends as you climb a 138 foot hill and then be released as speeds reaching 55 mph through 3 inversions both forward and backward.
• “APOCALYPSE”- Six Flags America’s Apocalypse offers a ride experience you will not forget this summer. Riders will be 4 abreast as they make the 100 foot ascent to the ride’s apex. The next two minutes will bring hairpin turns, hair raising inversions and speeds up to 55 mph.
• “CARS LAND”- The Disney California Adventure park will be debuting “Cars Land” this June. You will feel like you are walking into the Disney Pixar “Cars” movie, because Radiator Springs has been brought to life in a big way. At Cars Land, you will be able to buckle up and race head-to-head through Ornament Valley, hitch a ride for square dancing on Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree or hop on Luigi’s Flying Tires, where you will float on an oversized floating tire. When the sun sets, there’s a magical transformation as Radiator Springs comes alive with music and a glorious neon glow.
• “SKY SCREAMER”- Remember riding on the swings at the local fair? The Sky Screamer takes the swings to an amazing 24 stories above Six Flags Great Adventure Park in Jackson, NJ. Riders will soar in a 98 foot circle at 40 mph with a bird’s eye view of the entire park.
• “BONZAI PIPELINE”- Six Flags St. Louis Hurricane Harbor has taken water slides to the extreme with the Bonzai Pipeline. Those who dare will step into an enclosed capsule where the floor will drop out beneath them and sending riders free-falling 6 stories down the slide at 40 mph into a side “super loop”.
Are you ready to experience some of these new attractions? Good news! You can visit the Carroll County Rec and Parks website and receive discount park tickets for many amusement parks that have these new attractions.