Energy Assistance Program Now Accepting Applications
Mary's Center was recently awarded $85,000 from the PHI Community Foundation (a separate entity of Pepco Holdings, Inc.) to re-launch our Energy Assistance Program for Prince George’s County, Maryland, residents. The Program will pay up to $500 of electric and/or gas bills of individuals and families experiencing financial hardship.
Eligibility Requirements Include:
- Must reside in Prince George’s County, Maryland
- Your total household income is at or below the poverty level (Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines)
- You are experiencing financial hardship due to a documented emergency
- You have a turn-off notice for your gas or electric service
- You have not received help from Mary’s Center in the past 12 months
Individuals and families who meet these requirements are encouraged to apply. Program runs December 6th, 2013 until funds have been exhausted.
Applications are processed on a weekly basis, and may take up to 2 weeks for review.
Interested Applicants should contact Emily Dreckshage at 202-545-2024 or EnergyAssistance@maryscenter.org