Howard County Police have charged 12 men for soliciting prostitution along Route 1 in North Laurel, according to a police news release.
Police have used reverse prostitution as part of an operation to end the prostitution ring along the corridor after receiving complaints about suspected illegal activity. Two earlier operations this year have totaled 17 , according to Howard County Police.
During the operation, female officers in plain clothes worked undercover in areas to determine whether they would be offered money for sex, according to police. Suspects who approached the female officers and made such offers were charged.
Those charged with soliciting prostitution included:
• Saul Aragon-Perez, 34, of Laurel
• Jeffrey E. Carter, 52, of Alexandria, Va.
• David James Loyd, 46, of Laurel
• Adelmo Marchorro-Vanes, 32, of Randallstown
• Armando Martinez, 46, of Silver Spring
• Dijohn Verandyn McGruder, 49, of Edgewater
• Ricardo Melhado, 31, of Glen Burnie
• Lawrence Obi Ngashu, 35, of Montgomery Village
• Earl Warren Richards, 50, of Capitol Heights
• William Harald Riley Sr., 44, of Laurel
• Juan Hector Saco, 43, of Columbia
• Manuel Sazo-Zepede, 27, of Columbia