.

Flames Sweep Through Kitchen of North Laurel Home

No injuries were reported in the small blaze.

Even the kitchen sink wasn't immune Tuesday night when flames swept through part of a home in North Laurel.

The small blaze began when a resident of the 9100 block of Knox Court tried to douse a plastic container that had caught fire in the oven, according to the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

But instead of being snuffed out, fire quickly spread to the surrounding window blinds and cabinets.

The blaze was contained to the immediate area of the kitchen sink, officials said. Firefighters who responded to the home removed some drywall to ensure there were no hidden hotspots.

No injuries were reported.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »