Mayor Craig Moe is warning residents to stay away from the 300 block of Montgomery Street in Laurel after high winds and rain caused a large tree to fall along the roadway.
The fall brought down a power line resulting in residential homes loosing electricity on several blocks. City officials blocked off the 300 block of Montgomery Street to all traffic.
Storm Updates from Prince George's County:
- An apartment structure at 1301 Iverson Street in Temple Hills has been reported with structural damage. DER has inspectors reporting to the scene. Pending inspection, a shelter will be set up if necessary for the residents.
- We have had no injuries reported at this time in relation to the storm.
- Pepco has 18,500 power outages in the County.
- BGE is reporting 2,855 power outages in the County
- Prince George’s County continues to experience normal call volume at our 9-1-1 center.
- The Hurricane Hotline has received over 300 calls so far today.
Residents are constantly encouraged to:
- Stay off the roads and stay home.
- Check in with family members and neighbors, especially the elderly and disabled.
- Be prepared for power outages, have a flashlight and battery operated radio handy. The County discourages the use of candles during power outages.
Contact information and resources for up to date information:
- For residents: 301-352-1290 (Hurricane Hotline)
- For media/press: 301-583-1949 (EOC PIO)
- Twitter: @CountyExecBaker, @PrinceGeorgesMD
- Facebook: County Executive Rushern Baker and Prince Georges County Government E-Community