The Laurel Police Department and communities in the Laurel area are set to go pink for Breast Cancer Awareness in October.
The Laurel Police Department will show its support for National Breast Cancer Awareness during the month of October in the following ways:
• Officers will wear a “pink” Laurel Police Department t-shirt underneath their regular dark blue uniforms with the top of the t-shirt exposed.
• They will display a pink ribbon lapel pin just above their name tag on their uniform.
• They will attach a pink magnetized ribbon with the LPD emblem on their police cruisers.
• Officers will place a pink ribbon onto any or all antennas on their police cruisers.
• They will wear pink Laurel Police Department officer’s badges.
In Maple Lawn, Fulton businesses will show their support for awareness with their fifth annual Pink Nite Friday, Oct. 5.
According the Laurel Leader:
A bra stretch down Maple Lawn Boulevard will be created from 5 to 6 p.m. Bras are strung together and stretched down the boulevard to create awareness. Last year the stretch was longer than a mile. Gently used and new bras are currently being donated to support Success In Style.