If you or someone you know is facing domestic violence—or if you're interested in learning about violence prevention—the Laurel Police Department is offering an easy way to seek information and assistance next week.
On Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 7 p.m., the LPD will be joined at Partnership Hall (811 Fifth Street, Laurel) by numerous organizations committed to overcoming domestic abuse and aiding victims and survivors.
Drop in for:
- A forum on teen dating violence led by Ronda Lennon (of local counseling provider SWANS)
- Counseling from Community Advocates for Family and Youth
- Counseling and legal services from House of Ruth
- Counseling from Prince George’s Hospital Center
- Trial preparation assistance from the Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Office
The Laurel Police Department will also be on hand to listen to the concerns of victims about law enforcement.
For more information on this event, contact Maj. Bob Althoff at 301-498-0092.