.

Turkey-Fueled Fire Rips Through Laurel Home

The Wednesday night blaze caused an estimated $100,000 of damage.

Authorities say a fire that swept through a Laurel home late Wednesday was sparked by the turkey residents were preparing for their Thanksgiving festivities.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in the 500 block of Prince George Street shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday, according to the Prince George's County Fire Department. 

When they arrived at the scene, they found a fire that had begun on a rear deck of a single-family home before quickly spreading to the interior.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze, but not before it caused an estimated $100,000 of damage to the home.

Investigators believe the fire was begun by a turkey that family members were attempting to smoke in a propane grill on the deck.

No residents of the home were injured, but PGFD officials said one firefighter fell ill on the scene and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Read more at WJZ.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something