Local healthcare provider Patient First recently donated $1,000 each to eight county elementary schools, two in each community that it serves.
Schools that received the $1,000 donation are:
- Brock Bridge Elementary School
- Fort Smallwood Elementary School
- Glendale Elementary School
- Maryland City Elementary School
- Oakwood Elementary School
- Odenton Elementary School
- Pasadena Elementary School
- Waugh Chapel Elementary School
According to a release from the school system, the schools will use the funds to expand book collections, enhance STEM offerings, or increase technological resources.
“We are grateful to be able to support our community in this way,” said David Clark, community representative for Patient First. “Sustaining our schools is essential to ensuring a better quality of community life.”
The company's donation goes to two schools near each of its centers of operation in Glen Burnie, Laurel, Odenton and Pasadena. Patient First has also offered to help schools conduct health fairs and participate in career days, according to the release.