On Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 10 a.m., Prince George's County Public Schools are set to hold a systemic lockdown drill.
The drill is designed to "test internal procedures for protecting our students, teachers and staff in the event of an emergency," according to school officials.
The lockdown is schedued to last approximately 20 minutes, during which no one will be allowed to enter or exit school buildings.
Prince George's County schools that serve Laurel include:
- Bond Mill Elementary
- Deerfield Run Elementary School
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Middle School
- James H. Harrison Elementary School
- Laurel Elementary School
- Laurel High School
- Montpelier Elementary School
- Oaklands Elementary School
- Scotchtown Hills Elementary